In the home health and hospice industry, our services are incomplete without a compassionate human touch. But the human touch can also lead to human error through 1) inefficient protocols, 2) nurse fatigue and turnover, and 3) inaccessible over-the-phone support. These three major headaches are best addressed with one easy-to-use piece of technology: CareXM, a revolutionary mobile application designed to maximize the human connection within patient care while minimizing our most fallible
So what does it do?
CareXM: Compassionate Tech
As a mobile application, CareXM acts as a tireless personal assistant for each member of your home health care and hospice team. Once installed on their mobile devices, CareXM will:
- Display field-nurse availability in real-time
- Route and record in- and out-bound calls with patients and caregivers
- Share proximity between users and patients
- Generate actionable reports for future growth and development
- Bypass non-clinical answering services
- And so much more…
CareXM empowers your team with the tools they need to perform at their best, streamlining communication, mitigating compassion fatigue, and ironing out the kinks in traditional over-the-phone support. And the best news? It’s available now! Transform your current triage solution today.
CareXM Medical Answering Services & Patient Engagement Platform: How Does it Work?
CareXM has expanded its after-hours services to include a cutting edge 24/7 triage solution through it’s mobile, patient engagement platform. The CareXM platform improves a provider’s ability to serve and communicate with patients remotely, while offering 24/7 clinical overflow support with all services HIPAA-compliant.
Now you can connect your home health and hospice patients and caregivers to qualified nurses at any time of day while drastically improving your standard of operations in three key areas:
cost management, compassion fatigue mitigation,
and quality control.
The first thing I noticed on Friday morning with the office closed, was that I logged on to CareXM and saw all availableDebra Brackey, RN, Executive Director of Hospice Compassus, on the advantage of CareXM during wildfire emergency and evacuation in Lakeside, Arizona.
colleagues to help that day and how far away they were from me or each other. I actually got a tear in my eye that
morning knowing our team was ready to roll with whatever came our way that day. It was reassuring to know that I had
real time information on patient calls, their locations and the Compassus Colleagues available to make visits during that
entire time period.
Increased efficiency means increased savings! CareXM empowers you to:
- Reduce the need for additional staff by maximizing those you have
- Cut down on patient readmissions and 911 calls by providing access to registered nurses
- Eliminate redundancies of traditional after-hours answering services with seamless routing, recording, and reporting
- Identify target areas for improvement by tracking primary call reasons and call volume
- Track available nurses’ proximities with each other and patients
- Reduce the high costs of staff turnover
Compassion fatigue, burnout, and overall poor job satisfaction are three contributors to costly staff turnover. CareXM addresses all three by:
- Alleviating and mitigating demand on on-call nurses
- Vetting calls prior to transferring to on-call nurses
- Resolving non-emergent calls over the phone
- Allowing optimal allocation of staff without overtaxing individual nurses
The surest way to jeopardize the safety and satisfaction of your home health patients is to route them to nonclinical support in a moment of need. CareXM lets your patients and caregivers:
- Bypass non-clinical answering services and voicemail
- Talk to qualified, carefully screened RNs around-the-clock
- Receive immediate clinical support within seconds of their call